A Foodie’s Guide to the Perfect Date Night
As a foodie, you want to incorporate food into every aspect of your life. After all, why shouldn’t your passion be shared with those around you? If you’re planning a date night, there are some great ways that you can bring food into the experience and make it a fun night.
Making food to eat with your date can be a great bonding experience and help you get to know each other in a different way. After all, what shows you more about a person than how they act in the kitchen?
Fun cooking date ideas:
- Each of you brings a favorite recipe and you teach the other how to make the dish.
- Find a new recipe that you’ve never had before and make it with your date.
- Have an iron chef competition. This works best in a group date setting.
- Watch a cooking show and copy your favorite recipe.
- Challenge yourself to make a meal using only one appliance, such as a toaster or microwave.
- Make a meal from the food you buy at a farmer’s market.
- Make a meal entirely centered around a unique theme, such as a color, favorite holiday, popular book, etc.
If you aren’t in the mood to make something, you can still make food a central part of your date. Because of the popularity of delivery apps, you can choose to either stay home or go out on an adventure.
Fun restaurant date ideas:
- Go to a food truck roundup and piece together a meal from multiple trucks.
- Order takeout for each other from your favorite place.
- Have a progressive dinner at a cluster of restaurants.
- Do a blind taste test comparison of your favorite food, such as fries, soda brands, chicken wings, etc.
- Use a random selector to choose a restaurant you have never visited before.
- Make a meal out of food samples at Costco.
If you want the date to be more of an experience rather than just about eating, focusing more on food as a learning experience is a great way to go. Not only does this give you a chance to get to know more about your date, but you both get to learn something together.
Fun food learning ideas:
- Take a cooking class.
- Learn about the history of a popular dish.
- Go on a food tour.
Use these ideas to make sure that your next date is a success, and to secure another one!
Wondering what you’ll find at a food truck? Check out what the most popular foods are. Then, pick a food and find a nearby food truck on the WTF app!